Who we are
This site is operated by HomesAround Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 09882517 whose registered office is at Little Dene, Mount Road, Woking, Surrey, England, GU22 0PY.
In this statement “Homes Around”, “us” or “we” refers to Homes Around Limited.
Homes Around works with independent expert property agents around the country who are approved by us. Each such agent is an independent business that is not owned or controlled by Homes Around. Your information may be shared with relevant agents in accordance with this statement and for more information on how such agents use your personal data please review their privacy statements which will be provided on request from the agent using the contact information on this site. If you have any concerns with the way in which an agent approved by us is using your information please do let us know.
We collect, use, and are responsible for certain personal information about you which is processed in accordance with this statement. Please contact us using the details below if you have any questions on these terms or the service that we provide.
What information we hold about you
We may hold personal information about you including the following:
- email address
- name and contact details
- personal identification information
- payment information
- technical and analytical information obtained through cookies
- other information you provide to us.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you register on our sites or otherwise provide this information to us
- from third parties to verify information that you provide to us (such as your identity)
How we use your information
We use your information for the following purposes
- to provide our services to you
- to comply with our legal obligations including in relation to the prevention of money laundering
- to comply with our obligations under various codes of practice and regulatory requirements
- to personalise your experience on our sites
- responding to any enquiries which you make to us relating to any of our products or services
- to process and administer any payments that you make to us
- to develop and administer our services
- to train and monitor our staff and agents
- to provide you with promotional information about our services, news, advice, and offers.
Who we may share your information with
We may disclose your personal information to:
- the relevant local agent in your area
- our agents and service providers
- credit reference agencies
- regulatory and supervisory bodies including, but not limited to, the Property Ombudsman
- our infrastructure providers
- a third party who acquires our business
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law.
Keeping your information secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database to only be accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and they are required to keep the information confidential.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Reasons we collect and use your personal information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- where it is necessary to perform our contract with you
- where it is required by law
- where you have provided consent, provided that you can withdraw this consent at any time
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a business including:
- responding to enquiries
- providing services to our customers
- improving and developing our services
- the administration of our business
- monitoring and maintaining standards within our business
- complying with industry regulatory and compliance standards
- promoting our business
- establishing, exercising, or defending our legal rights
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving marketing and promotional emails from us there are detailed unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of each of our emails.
Transfer of data out of the UK
Information that we collect from you may be transferred to third party service providers working for us who may process that information at a destination outside of the UK including outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
Destinations outside the EEA may not have the same legal protections for personal data as you enjoy under English law. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement and data protection legislation.
When we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- the countries we transfer your personal data to have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- we use contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data similar protection to that which it has in the EEA; or
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which required them to provide similar protection to personal data that applies within the EEA.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
You have rights under data protection laws, in certain circumstances, including to:
- request access to personal information that we may process about you
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information free of charge
- to require us to erase personal data that we may process about you where this is no longer required to be processed by us
- to object to or restrict our processing of some of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should put your request in writing and provide us with enough information to identify you. If we need further information we will let you know.
If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your information please do contact us. In addition, you have a right to bring a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or other applicable authority. More information on the Information Commissioner’s Office and your rights is available at www.ico.org.uk.
Retention of information
We will retain your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, or for as long as we have your consent to do so where your consent is our legal basis on which we process such data. All retained data will be held subject to this policy.
In accordance with The Property Ombudsman Codes of Practice, most records will be retained for at least six years.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you interact with us.
To contact us please use the following details:
- Homes Around Ltd, Quatro House, Frimley Road, Camberley, GU16 7ER
- 03300 55 26 55